Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Top Samuel Clemens Quotes

I am a fan of quotes, and here's one more for all of you my readers.



I am a big fan of quotes that make a lot of sense. I use the philosophy in my everyday life. Some of the quotes I compiled were from Henry Ford (read it here) and from Oscar Wilde (read it here). Today I am sharing my favorite quotes from another very influential person.

He is...Samuel Clemens.

More commonly known by his pen name.

Here are some of his quotes that I like (in no particular order):


  • Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
  • Martyrdom covers a multitude of sins.
  • Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
  • The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
  • Laws control the lesser man. Right conduct controls the greater one.
  • It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
  • The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
  • The lack of money is the root of all evil.
  • To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.

Yes, he is influential.
(Image credits here)



Samuel Clemens. Known by his pen name: Mark Twain.

1 comment:


  1. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...