Thursday, May 9, 2013

The So-Called "Man Rules," and My Take On It

I stumbled into a post on Facebook, entitled "Man Rules." This has been circulating for quite some time now, and I took time to read it out of curiosity.

I'm posting it here, along with my color commentary on every written rule. Beware my friends, I'm not holding my punches here.

Let's begin.


AT LAST A GUY HAS TAKEN THE TIME TO WRITE THIS ALL DOWN
FINALLY, the guys' side of the story. (I MUST ADMIT, IT'S PRETTY GOOD.)

WE ALWAYS HEAR 'THE RULES' FROM THE FEMALE SIDE
NOW HERE ARE THE RULES FROM THE MALE SIDE

THESE ARE OUR RULES!

PLEASE NOTE. THESE ARE ALL NUMBERED #1 ON PURPOSE! (I'd like to know why. Can't count more than 1 perhaps.) 


1. MEN ARE NOT MIND READERS. (Yes, we all are not. In fact, men don't need to be one to understand women.)

1. LEARN TO WORK THE TOILET SEAT. YOU'RE A BIG GIRL. IF IT'S UP, PUT IT DOWN. WE NEED IT UP, YOU NEED IT DOWN. YOU DON'T HEAR US COMPLAINING ABOUT YOU LEAVING IT DOWN. (Honestly, I never heard a woman complain about it. What they (and my mom) usually complain about is "not aiming the pee at the right spot")


1. CRYING IS BLACKMAIL. (I see no problem with women crying on me.)

1. ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT. LET US BE CLEAR ON THIS ONE:

SUBTLE HINTS DO NOT WORK!
STRONG HINTS DO NOT WORK!
OBVIOUS HINTS DO NOT WORK!
JUST SAY IT!


(Women are not entirely logical thinkers. This is the one thing guys have to understand well.)


1. YES AND NO ARE PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE ANSWERS TO ALMOST EVERY QUESTION. (Again, the "logic" principle. Read above.)

1.. COME TO US WITH A PROBLEM ONLY IF YOU WANT HELP SOLVING IT. THAT'S WHAT WE DO. SYMPATHY IS WHAT YOUR GIRLFRIENDS ARE FOR. (At last, one thing that I completely agree on. I don't mind listening to a lady friend's problem though.)



Can you argue with this guy, girls?
(Image credits here)
1. ANYTHING WE SAID 6 MONTHS AGO IS INADMISSIBLE IN AN ARGUMENT. IN FACT, ALL COMMENTS BECOME NULL AND VOID AFTER 7 DAYS. (Why argue anyway? Win or lose, YOU STILL LOSE.)

1. IF YOU THINK YOU'RE FAT, YOU PROBABLY ARE. DON'T ASK US. (Agree on the last part only. You're necessarily not fat, but don't ask me if you are.)


1. IF SOMETHING WE SAID CAN BE INTERPRETED TWO WAYS AND ONE OF THE WAYS MAKES YOU SAD OR ANGRY, WE MEANT THE OTHER ONE. (Which means "take it for what it's worth.")

1. IF YOU ALREADY KNOW BEST HOW TO DO IT, JUST DO IT YOURSELF. (Just say it politely.)


1. WHENEVER POSSIBLE, PLEASE SAY WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO SAY DURING COMMERCIALS. (I really don't mind hearing the girl talk. TV sucks anyway. There are no meaningful shows nowadays.)


1. CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS DID NOT NEED DIRECTIONS AND NEITHER DO WE... (Agree.)

1. ALL MEN SEE IN ONLY 16 COLORS, LIKE WINDOWS DEFAULT SETTINGS..
PEACH, FOR EXAMPLE, IS A FRUIT, NOT A COLOR. PUMPKIN IS ALSO A FRUIT. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MAUVE IS. (Shows that most guys are "logical" beings, and cannot handle the "gray areas.")


1. IF WE ASK WHAT IS WRONG AND YOU SAY 'NOTHING,' WE WILL ACT LIKE NOTHING'S WRONG. WE KNOW YOU ARE LYING, BUT IT IS JUST NOT WORTH THE HASSLE. (Agree.)


1. IF YOU ASK A QUESTION YOU DON'T WANT AN ANSWER TO, EXPECT AN ANSWER YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR. (DAMN RIGHT!)


1. WHEN WE HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE, ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING YOU WEAR IS FINE...REALLY. (As long as it does not generate too much attention then it's fine.)


1.. DON'T ASK US WHAT WE'RE THINKING ABOUT UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO DISCUSS SUCH TOPICS AS FOOTBALL OR MOTOR SPORTS. (Yes, topics guys excel at. The better guys though, can talk about anything under the sun. That's what girls really love.)


1. YOU HAVE ENOUGH CLOTHES. (What's the rule here?)


1 .. YOU HAVE TOO MANY SHOES. (...and here?)

1. I AM IN SHAPE. ROUND IS A SHAPE! (A basic beta guy trait is always to defend their lack of priority to their overall health and throw the famous "love me for who and what I am" argument. Being overweight is really telling women "I don't care about my family's future so I'll chug on anything I see. Love me for who I am." Get your lazy ass off the couch and go to the gym!)


1.. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS. YES, I KNOW, I HAVE TO SLEEP ON THE COUCH TONIGHT.. BUT DID YOU KNOW MEN REALLY DON'T MIND THAT? IT'S LIKE CAMPING... (I prefer the warm and cozy bed thank you very much.)


There are a few things that I agree totally but not the whole sentence. Some guys need to understand that it's not hard to know what women want. All you have to do is to pay attention to every detail. Easier said than done though, but the good news is that it takes experience to get it. It helps to know some things, too. One is to start reading this post I wrote before about the nature of people especially women (click here).

Honestly, I think this post is just written by a man fed up being the "follower" in the relationship. A lot of guys get into marriage not knowing the things they need to know beforehand, worse, they choose the "wrong" woman for them and forever be subservient to the "boss" (damn I hate that word). So to the "whining" man who wrote this, MAN UP.

Again, my brothers, if you're having a hard time dealing with women, remember this: It's not hard to understand women, you just have to TALK LESS and LISTEN MORE.

His actions are worthy of being the real "Man's Rules."
(Image credits here)
Comment below!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...