Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My View of the World: Thailand (part 2)

(In case you missed part 1, here it is: My View of the World part 1)




In this edition, we get to know more about the city of Bangkok and its nearby places.

Bangkok is known in Thailand as Krung Thep Maha Nakhon. This is the short version of its name. The real name given is: Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit. I think this is still the longest name for any place, found in the Guinness Book of World Records (please correct me if I'm wrong). Some of the places I got to take pictures are the following:


The Democracy Monument

A boat carrying tourists.

Vendor on a boat


Nice house on the riverside, with a temple-like look to it


And of course, who would forget the famous ride found in the streets. Too bad we never had the chance to ride it, but it's worth taking a picture as well.


Tuk-tuk!
[Check out my travels and have a good idea on where to go. Click here].


Our next destination is Ayutthaya. It's a bit of a long drive from Bangkok, but man, it's all worth it. Here we get to see those lovable elephants. And we get to experience their hospitality by taking us on a bit of a tour. That was one great experience. A must-try!








We also got to see the elephants sip some refreshing drink, and, we also got to feed them!




They surely know how to pose for the shoot...
...and captivate with their talent in hula-hooping!
Sipping soda


Aren't they lovable?


Our last stop is Suvarnabhumi Airport. This is one of the nicest airports in Asia. There are a lot of things to see, and mostly with a touch of Thai culture.











A lot were taking a picture of this, so I decided to take one myself.
I hope you enjoyed our mini-trip to some of the best places in Asia. But before we complete our tour, I have to tell you, never to leave Thailand without having these:




Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...