Valentines day is fast approaching, and it is the time most guys do their thing - ask girls out. I am not going to teach you what to wear (but you can read my post about the best cologne that you can wear here), or what roses' colors mean, but what I will be sharing to you guys out there, is the nitty-gritty of dating. These are the things you have to look out for when you go out with your girl.
Pay very close attention to the things I am about to tell you, and most importantly, to the things you are about to say to her. A lot of guys do good on the initial stages, only to lose on the later parts because they weren't paying attention to what they are doing and saying, and this eventually leads to you going home a bit earlier than expected.
So, without further ado, my Top Ten Dating Mistakes For Guys (in no particular order):
1. Talking too much (especially about yourself)
- Please don’t BRAG! What we guys want to do is focus at least 70% of the communication on her. Girls love to talk, so let us give them that. Be aware though...you have to share something, too. Effective listening is sharing your opinions at the right time and not just waiting for your turn to talk.
- Watch the late-night hosts (Letterman, Leno) to know how to interact with girls and other people in general.
2. Spending too much money / trying too hard to impress
|FUN FUN FUN - the gold standard of dating.|
(Image credits here)
- A fancy, expensive dinner, especially on the FIRST date is a no-no. Guys think giving girls fancy dinners makes them attractive but oftentimes it is counter-productive. Spending too much for her is just you trying too hard to impress her, and it sends subconscious signals to her that you're actually "buying" her graces. Any man that tries to buy her affections shows low self-confidence and self-discipline.
- Subsequently, any woman that needs this is NOT worth it, or anything for that matter.
- You can always give her a good time without spending a lot of money...and that's what you really have to do: GIVE HER A GOOD TIME. A cost-effective yet FUN date always beats an expensive but boring date.
|You might want to slow down with the alcohol, bud.|
(Image credits here)
3. Drinking too much
- It will eventually lead to #1.
- Besides, dating is enough sober, why make it more difficult?
4. Trying to sell her the next date too early
- If you've done a good job making the date fun then this is the least of your problems for now. What you need to do is to end the date WELL, get a kiss (if you can) and say nothing!
- In doing this, you make her wonder if you’ll be calling her or asking her out again (women LOVE a touch of mystery).
- Remember, this will only work if you have generated enough attraction by, you guessed it, being FUN.
5. Moving too fast
- As guys, we love the feel of a girl's skin in our touch. We tend to move fast in touching a girl. Being too touchy shows a severe lack of self-discipline.
- Another example of moving too fast is confessing too early with your intentions. Have the self-discipline to NOT TELL what you feel right away (again, women love MYSTERY).
Part 1 ends here. In a few days I am going to tell you the next five things, so stay tuned!
Comments are welcome below.